Tenant FAQ


How do I report a maintenance item?

If you need maintenance in your rental home, please contact the WrightDavis Property Management using our online request form or call our office 24/7 at (813) 251-0001. Maintenance requests go straight to our Service desk team and are handled on an emergency / non-emergency basis.

*For police or fire emergencies, dial 911 before calling WrightDavis Property Management. For Gas Leaks, please leave the home immediately, and contact your power company, and WrightDavis Property Management. Your gas company will typically visit the home within 30 min to 1 hour to identify and correct gas leaks.

Do I need pre-approval to paint the home or make other changes?

Yes. If you are interested in painting or installing any interior or exterior fixtures, you must first obtain written authorization from the WrightDavis Property Management before such changes can be made.

What information about the home and community do you provide Renters?

Each rental home comes with a comprehensive Rental Binder containing information on how to turn on utilities, maintenance requests, and emergency contact information (generally they can be found in a kitchen pull out drawer). Community information links are found on our website. You will always have someone available at WrightDavis Real Estate to assist as you relocate into your new community.

Can I install cable or satellite TV at the property if not already installed?

Generally, yes. However, you must first obtain written permission from WrightDavis Property Management if there is no pre-existing cable or satellite equipment at the property. At some units you may be prohibited from installing a satellite dish in any location where the dish is visible from the ground or from any other unit in the area (i.e. Association restrictions). Installations shall be done by a professional, and any cost of installation is an expense of the tenant. Any damages to the property caused by the installation will be the responsibility of the tenant. All completed installations shall be permanent and will remain with the property after the end of the Lease.

Can I install extra telephone lines?

Generally yes. However, you must also obtain written permission from WrightDavis Property Management to do this. All additional costs of installing extra phone lines are the responsibility of the tenant as well as any damages caused by the installation.

What are my responsibilities if my company transfers me before the end of the lease?

Most leases are for a set period of time (fixed term). If you are transferred, ask your company what assistance they will provide if you need to “break a lease”. Let your property manager know what is happening as soon as possible so WrightDavis Property Management can begin marketing the property for a replacement tenant. Generally, the tenant breaking the lease will be responsible for re-leasing fees, advertising, turn-over costs, and any rent differences between the existing and new rent for the remainder of the original lease. We understand that events such as this can occur, and we will work with you to resolve your lease obligations as quickly as possible.

If you are in the military, you should provide a copy of your orders to your property manager, as there may be applicable laws that in some cases may permit you to break a lease. We can add military clauses into leases if requested before signing the lease that allow transferred personnel flexibility for PCS relocations.

Can I sub-lease the property? Or use the property in my business?

No. The lease agreement clearly states that the resident shall not sublet any portion of the property or assign the agreement without written consent from WrightDavis Property Management. You may not operate a business out of your rental home (including but not limited to providing sales, daycare services, business storage, or other non-residential business activities).

Can I rent a steam cleaner and clean the carpets myself when I move out?

No. Your rental agreement and rental discount provides that all carpets must be professionally cleaned using a company approved by WrightDavis Property Management.

Can I get a pet after move-in?

Pets must be authorized by separate Pet agreement. You will need to contact your property manager and obtain written permission for a pet. There is typically a pet deposit that is required, and the size and type of pet is subject to owner approval.

When and how should I give my notice to vacate?

It is important to refer to your lease for the specific terms in your own residential agreement. In most leases, notice to vacate must be received in the WrightDavis Property Management office in writing on or before the 1st of the month. Leases typically require a minimum 60 day notice, including Leases that have transitioned into a month-to-month status. So, if you are planning on moving at the end of your lease on 30 August, you will need to provide notification no later than 30 June. Please note: Notices received during a month, will be considered received at the end of a calendar month.

What happens if my roommate moves out or I want to add a roommate before the end of the lease?

If your roommate moves out, a written notice needs to be submitted to WrightDavis Property Management. Remember that adult tenants are jointly and singularly liable to ensure that the full rent is paid. You must have written permission from WrightDavis Property Management to substitute a roommate. It is not the responsibility of WrightDavis Property Management to arbitrate or mediate problems with multiple tenant situations.

If you want to add someone to the lease, the individual must complete a rental application and be successfully screened before moving into the property. There is an application fee of $50 per adult, and a lease amendment fee of $200 for coordinating and administratively amending the lease to add a roommate.

What happens to the disposition of a roommate’s security deposit after move-out?

Security deposits are collected as “security” for the property. Reimbursements to departing roommates are handled by the remaining tenants. No portion of the security deposit will be refunded individually by WrightDavis Property Management. All security deposits will be dispersed only at the end of the tenancy.

When is Rent Due?

Rent payments are due and collected on the first of the month. Late fees will apply for rents not received by the 3rd of the month. Late payments becomes part of your rental payment history, which can follow you as you move to a new location, or purchase a property. Without prompt communication with your property manager after a “Late” payment, an eviction process could commence at any time. The tenant will be held responsible for all Eviction, court filing, attorney, and collection costs resulting from late payments.

Can I be charged for maintenance at the property?

Yes, if resident damage or neglect causes the maintenance problem, you will be charged for it. Also, you can be billed for a service call if you miss a scheduled appointment with one of our maintenance contractors. For your protection, we perform a walk-thru inspection before you move in, as well as provide you with a comprehensive move-in checklist that documents any existing discrepancies in the home to keep on file.

Should I call you if we had an accident and know it was our fault?

Yes! We have very affordable and professional contractors that can fix anything and at volume discount rates. We can help you avoid emergency repair costs and can find the most affordable repair for you to minimize the impact of an honest oops! We appreciate your honesty in reporting the issue and will reciprocate with honest low cost repairs or cleaning that gets you back on track.